Sunday 3 November 2013

Stars :  0 / 10

A horror/comedy that is neither frightening, nor funny. I tried, I really desperately tried to give this film a chance, but after 40 long, painful minutes, I couldn't suffer through any more of it.

This hokey mess of a movie, with its goofy score and dorky script, seems geared for a 10 - 12 year old audience (which, I read, was Jackson's original intention) but the language is just too adult for kiddies, which leaves it flopping and floundering in audience limbo... too grown up for kids, too childish for adults.   The Frighteners is like a gawky tween, a kind of Steve Urkel of horror/comedies. Poor thing.

Jackson's on-screen cameo gave me a smile, but, sadly, there was nothing here to keep me interested.


Director: Peter Jackson
Year: 1996
Main Cast: Michale J. Fox, Trini Alvarado, Peter Dobson

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116365/

0 comments :

Post a Comment