Saturday 13 July 2013

Stars: 6 / 10

B-movie goodness! Redneck / hillbilly horror done well. I wasn't scared, but there are a few moments of anxiety. (And let's be honest here, redneck villains, of any sort, are creepy!)

Some amusing slasher-kills, including one I've never seen before (no spoilers, but I will just say: pine tree scene.) A nod to the freaky prosthetics, and a big kudos to the set designers for dressing up that cabin with all sorts of nasty creepies!

Personal bonus points for "Joey Quinn" from Dexter and "Billy Chenowith" from 6 Feet Under. Additional points for a sneaky scene in the credits. (I always hope for that!)

I will definitely check out the sequels.


IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0295700/

Director: Rob Schmidt
Year: 2003
Main Cast: Desmond Harrington, Eliza Dushku, Emmanuelle Chriqu,  Julian Richings, Garry Robbins, Ted Clark, Jeremy Sisto



Trailer

0 comments :

Post a Comment